If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.Switch to Accessible Site

State College Podiatrist | State College Diabetic/Medicare Shoes | PA | Company Name |

Larry J. Assalita, DPM

Fellow : American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
Board Certified
: American Board of Podiatric Medicine
Board Certified in Foot Surgery
: American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery

Total Family Foot Care Emphasizing Patient Education

110 Regent Court, Suite 200
State College, PA 16801
 814-238-0675
Diabetic/Medicare Shoes

Updated Office Schedule!

 

inserts_1.jpgEach calendar year, those Medicare patients [or those with Medicare replacement insurances as well as many private insurance companies ] with diabetes, and certain findings on examination, qualify for a pair of diabetic shoes, and three pair of inserts (either custom casted or heat molded, depending on the medical necessity observed). 

After you are examined, and if a prescription pair of shoes is warranted, we can either give you a prescription to go to anyone else you desire to receive your shoes , or you have the option of this office measuring you, letting you try on shoe styles, and sizes, and then order in your shoes for you.   You are NOT required to pay for the shoes.  Assuming your yearly deductible has been met, medicare will pay  80% of the costs, and depending on the structure of your co-insurance , that plan picks up the other 20% ( again assuming that plans deductibles and copayments have otherwise been met ).  Some PFFS Medicare replacement and other plans, offer even more generous benefits ( eg, some, pay the entire percentages ).  These replacements plans are allowed to do more than traditional medicare, but they cannot do less.

Stop by the office for a catalogue,  and also visit this Medicare link for more information about shoes for diabetics and then you have additional access to the Medicare site, including diabetic foot care, diabetic supplies, and general information

Product standards

 

DSCF3574.JPG

 

 
 
State College Podiatrist Company Name is a poidiatry office providing Diabetic/Medicare Shoes, orthopedic, pain, diabetes, bunions and much more in State College, PA. We also do Achilles Tendonitis, Athlete's Foot, Calluses, Diabetic Foot Care, Flatfoot (Fallen Arches), Ganglions, Haglund's Deformity, Hallux Rigidus, Hammertoes, Heel Pain/Fasciitis, Infections, Injuries, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Osteoarthritis, Plantar Fasciitis, Posterior Tibial Dysfunction, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Running Injuries, Sesamoiditis, Sprains/Strains, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, Bunionette/Tailor's Bunion, Tendonitis, Toe Deformities and all work related in the 16801-7966 area and surrounding areas in State College